Colonial Electric Can Upgrade Your Electrical System
When you need more power throughout your home in or around Annapolis, MD, rely on the professionals at Colonial Electric to provide electrical service upgrades. We have been serving homeowners in Maryland, Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia, and beyond for a half-century, so you can rest assured our expertise is unmatched. Every member of our team – from our highly-trained technicians to our executive leadership – is committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations every day. By fostering a work environment built on the shared values of teamwork, family, hard work, honesty, and personal development, we can accomplish such a lofty aim. Among the services we provide are electrical system upgrades. If you notice issues with your electrical panel or flow of electricity, you may be due for one. Call us today to learn more about the process.
Reasons You May Need an Electrical System Upgrade
As times have changed and we have become increasingly reliant on electronics – including televisions, computers, gaming systems, and more –homeowners have noticed a considerable strain on their electrical systems. Many of the houses in Annapolis and the surrounding area were built 30 or more years ago and cannot handle the stress of today’s electrical load. Therefore, upgrading the electrical systems within these homes is necessary for both practical and safety reasons. Colonial Electric has been serving the community since 1970, and we are experts on all the electrical advancements made in the last five decades. We recommend upgrading your electrical system if:
- Your home is old – Obsolete electrical systems cannot sustain the needs of today’s technological world. If your home is operating with a 60-amp electrical panel, you likely need an electric service upgrade. Colonial Electric’s technicians can improve your home’s electrical capacity and safety by installing a 200- or 400-amp electrical panel.
- Your lights regularly flicker – If your lights flicker every time you turn on a major appliance, there is a good chance your electrical system is overloaded.
- Your home has multiple two-pronged outlets – As part of our electric service upgrade, we can provide three-pronged outlets to protect against shocks.
- You recently installed new appliances or home additions – If you have installed a new HVAC system or built a new wing on your home, upgrade your electrical system to ensure smooth, safe operations for all areas of your house.
How We Upgrade Your Electrical System
Upgrading your electrical system is not a run-of-the-mill project for any average homeowner. It is a complex, disruptive process that requires precision and specific knowledge. Trust the expert technicians at Colonial Electric to do it for you rather than attempting it on your own. We have extensive experience and training, so we will protect your home and your safety while also completing the task in a fraction of the time it would take you. We will visit your home to evaluate the condition of your existing electrical panel as well as the number of electrical circuits you have in your home. To devise a plan for your electric service upgrade, we will consider your home’s age, existing circuit wiring, and how the new service will be fed from the electric company, among other factors. We will then replace the electric service panel including the service cable and grounding if needed. If necessary, we can even relocate the electrical panel or meter. Our team has all the necessary resources to complete the project.
Benefits of Electric Service Upgrades
You will immediately notice improvements around your home following an electric service upgrade from Colonial Electric. Modernizing your home has numerous benefits, including:
- Cost savings – Upgrading your electrical service will improve efficiency and lower your energy bills. Additionally, it may qualify you for a safety discount on your homeowner’s insurance.
- Improved safety – Electrical systems that can handle the electricity necessary to run your household minimize safety hazards and fire risks.
- Increased value – Your home’s overall value will increase based on current amenities and capabilities made possible by an updated electrical system.
Contact Colonial Electric for a Service Upgrade Today
The technological landscape of today requires significantly more power than homebuilders expected to need only a few decades ago. Many older homes have electrical systems that simply cannot handle the electricity required to run modern appliances and devices. But Colonial Electric can upgrade electric services for homeowners so that they can enjoy all the amenities they need for work and play. Let us update your electrical panel to save you money and improve safety while also increasing power. Contact us for a free estimate today.