Upgrade Your Home with Recessed Lighting by Colonial Electric
Colonial Electric’s recessed lighting installation provides homeowners in the Annapolis and Baltimore, MD, area a modern upgrade to the home that is both stylish and affordable. Recessed lighting dates as far back as the 1940s. Over the past several decades, it has become a prevalent choice of lighting in residential homes because the lights are discreet but emit energy-efficient, even light. Architects and interior designers use recessed lighting in rooms to create a relaxed and soothing lighting effect. If you’re interested in making an affordable and modern upgrade to your home, contact Colonial Electric for stylish recessed lighting installation.
What is Recessed Lighting?
Also known as “can lights,” recessed lighting is a set of canister-shaped light fixtures installed into a hollow opening in the ceiling. The canisters are flush with the ceiling, so most of the actual hardware is hidden from view. Their discreet placement provides a sleek and uncluttered look in any room. They also offer uniform lighting that is hard to achieve with multiple standing lamps or traditional ceiling lights. Recessed lighting is versatile enough to install just about anywhere on your property, including kitchens, bathrooms, hallways, and even outdoors. Speak with the licensed and insured electricians at Colonial Electric to learn how to improve the lighting in your home with our award-winning services.
Where to Use Recessed Lighting
Homeowners favor recessed lighting for various reasons. In addition to providing calm and even lighting throughout rooms, we install it to highlight specific items in the house, such as art. With recessed lighting’s hidden installation, we can install it just about anywhere there is a flat ceiling surface. We are licensed and insured to run the proper wiring in rooms where there isn’t an electric supply for recessed lighting. Our team can also install dimmer switches for your can lighting to control the brightness for added benefit. The installation provides a nice clean look. The only visible portions are the trim and bulbs with no obstruction of floor standing or ceiling lights. Recessed lights beautifully illuminate rooms and add tasteful design to all areas of the home including:
- Living Rooms
- Exterior Eaves
Benefits of Installing Recessed Lighting
Recessed lighting is an easy way to improve the design and atmosphere of your home. A clean look, unobstructed views, and customized placement bring a modern feel into the house without the considerable expense of a complete remodel. Among the benefits of recessed lights are:
- Relaxed Atmosphere: Recessed lighting improves the home’s relaxing atmosphere by opening spaces to feel brighter and larger.
- Even Lighting: Can lights emit a large amount of light that is distributed evenly throughout rooms, leaving no shadows between lights.
- Easy Installation: Products can be installed in any flat ceiling.
- Customization: The cans and trims for recessed lights come in a variety of different sizes and colors. Fittings can be customized to match the size and style of each space.
- Versatile Placement: Recessed lighting can be set up in various configurations. Choose from symmetrical patterns in the ceiling to specific accent lighting that highlights pieces of art or family photos on a wall.
- Cost Efficiency: The use of energy-efficient components and lower voltage means less energy is used to power the lighting in rooms with recessed lights. Homeowners also have the choice to install dimmers that control the amount of electricity used. Recessed lights are compatible with LED energy-efficient bulbs.
- Modest Appearance: While they emit beautiful full light, recessed lights are placed inconspicuously in the ceiling. Keeping rooms free from the clutter of floor-standing lights and obtrusive chandeliers highlights a room’s bright and spacious qualities.
Call Colonial Electric to Schedule an Estimate Today
Colonial Electric is a family-owned local business that has served the Annapolis and Baltimore areas since the 1970s. We take great pride in consulting with families and business owners to improve the electrical systems in their homes or commercial spaces. Our electrical contractors work closely with every customer to choose the proper size, trim, and bulb for each recessed lighting project. Contact us today to schedule your free recessed lighting installation estimate.